What is Mead?
Mead is an alcoholic beverage made from honey. In the same way that beer is made from barley and wine is made from grapes, mead simply means honey.
It can be made in many different styles. It can be more like beer, more like wine, sweet, dry, still or sparkling. You can use only honey or add nearly anything to flavor it from berries and other fruits to herbs, spices and more.
Our meads tend to be more wine or spirit-like though we do make a line of session meads which are lower ABV and carbonated in cans that are wonderfully refreshing.
Mead is believed to be the oldest fermented beverage, predating even beer and wine. Nearly every ancient culture that had access to honey, independently figured out how to turn it into alcohol.
- 8/11 - Oyster Night Friday!
- 8/14 - Side by Each: Dinner & Show Concert Series
- 8/18 - Oyster Night Friday!
- 8/25 - Oyster Night Friday!
- 9/1 - Oyster Night Friday! (Last one of the season.)
- 9/14 - April Cushman Duo: Dinner & Show Concert Series
- 10/19 - Dharma Down: Dinner & Show Concert Series
- 11/16 - Charlie Chronopoulos: Dinner & Show Concert Series
- 12/14 - David Newsam Duo: Dinner & Show Concert Series
12PM - 8PM
12PM - 8PM
12PM - 5PM
6 Folsom Rd., Center Ossipee, NH 03814