What is Mead?
Mead is an alcoholic beverage made from honey. In the same way that beer is made from barley and wine is made from grapes, mead simply means honey.
It can be made in many different styles. It can be more like beer, more like wine, sweet, dry, still or sparkling. You can use only honey or add nearly anything to flavor it from berries and other fruits to herbs, spices and more.
Our meads tend to be more wine or spirit-like though we do make a line of session meads which are lower ABV and carbonated in cans that are wonderfully refreshing.
Mead is believed to be the oldest fermented beverage, predating even beer and wine. Nearly every ancient culture that had access to honey, independently figured out how to turn it into alcohol.
- 12/22 - December Paint Night with Doodlin' Di
12/31 - New Year's Eve Oyster Night!
- 2/3 - First Friday Oyster Night
- 2/9 - Ossipee Lego Masters... With Mead!
- 2/16 - Dinner & Show with Michael McArthur
- 3/3 - First Friday Oyster Night
- 3/16 - Dinner & Show with Jud Caswell
12PM - 7PM
12PM - 7PM
12PM - 5PM
6 Folsom Rd., Center Ossipee, NH 03814